Portugal Wins 16 World Travel Awards
By Design Holidays | August 7, 2014 | Posted in: Holidays in Portugal
Design Holidays are proud to announce that Portugal, which is located in South-Western Europe, on the Iberian Peninsula, has just received 16 top travel awards at the prestigious World Travel Awards Europe 2014.
Celebrating its 21st anniversary this year’s World Travel Awards was held in Athens, Greece. The World Travel Awards acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all sectors of the global travel and tourism industry.
Established in 1993, the World Travel Awards are recognised globally as the ultimate hallmark of quality, with winners setting the benchmark to which all others aspire. The World Travel Awards are literally known as the ‘Oscars of the Travel Industry’. The winners are determined by an online vote cast by hundreds of travel professionals and consumers around the world.
In 2013, Portugal only achieved 9 of the World Travel Awards Europe. However form among the 44 Portuguese nominations for 2014, Portugal walked away with a whopping 16 Awards.
Listed below are all 16 of the awards Portugal won:
- Europe’s Leading Tourist Board – Turismo de Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Island Destination – Madeira Islands
- Europe’s Leading Cruise Destination – Lisbon, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Cruise Port – Porto de Lisboa, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Airline to Africa – TAP Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Airline to South America – TAP Portugal
- Europe’s Leading All Inclusive Resort – Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Boutique Hotel – Vila Joya, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Boutique Resort – Choupana Hills Resort & Spa, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Design Hotel – The Vine Hotel, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Hotel Residences – Pine Cliffs Residence, Albufeira, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Landmark Hotel – Bairro Alto Hotel, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Luxury Resort – Conrad Algarve, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading River Cruise Company – DouroAzul
- Europe’s Leading Villa Resort – Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel, Portugal
- Europe’s Most Romantic Resort – Vila Vita Parc, Portugal
If you would like to see the full list of 2014 World Travel Awards Europe winners click here
Design Holidays are delighted with these awards because two of our resorts are amongst the winners which are Sheraton Pine Cliffs Residence and the Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel.
Design holidays are currently offering special deals for both of these luxury holiday resorts. If you stay in a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment at the Sheraton Pine Cliffs resort from 1st September – 31st October 2014 you will receive a 15% discount plus Free Breakfast on all bookings made between 1st – 31st August 2014. Also if you book now for 2015 at the Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel you could save up to 200%.
If you would like to book a luxury holiday to either of these two award winning luxury holiday resorts or you would like further information on these resorts then contact our booking team (or click here) on 01444 87 22 00 or email us at email@example.com