Mount Nelson Hotel
Mount Nelson Hotel
What we say : The Mount Nelson is one of the best 5 star luxury hotels in Cape Town and with Design Holidays offering you the best rates to book your holiday in Cape Town could not get off to a better start. The luxury Mount Nelson Hotel nestles at the foot of Table Mountain and is set in nine acres of lush gardens.
Design Holidays offer our clients the best rates to book the Mount Nelson hotel and a price match on all of our South Africa travel itineraries.
Mount Nelson Leisure Facilities
Enjoy playing tennis on the two all weather hard tennis courts in the hotel grounds, or take a dip in a choice of two heated pools.
Take advantage of our golf practice net on site, or enjoy a game at one of the many nearby golf courses.
Tone up in the Mount Nelson hotel’s gymnasium, or relax and enjoy the extensive beauty treatments in our body care centre and hair salon.
Guests have full access to all hotel facilities, including the high-tech gymnasium with personal trainers.
Running routes around Cape Town as well as other outdoor activities are available upon request.
Mount Nelson Gymnasium
The Mount Nelson Hotel’s high tech gymnasium is fully equipped with top of the range imported cardiovascular equipment as well as a multi-station from the USA. Spin bikes and a boxing bag form part of the facilities offered.
Two personal trainers are available throughout the day for fitness assessments as well as training routines.
The gym is fully air-conditioned and has a television and video machine as well as a high fi.
The gym is open daily from 7am-9pm.
For further information, please call +27 (0)21 483 1904 or
Janine Lee – 082 415 2892
Coenie de Jongh – 083 406 8938
The Hotel has a golf practise net on site, and three world class golf courses are located within twenty minutes drive of the hotel:
Royal Cape Golf Course
Ottery Road, Wynberg
Tel: 021 761 6551
Rondebosch Golf Club
Klipfontein Road, Rondebosch
Tel: 021 689 4176
Atlantic Beach Golf Club
Tel: 021 553 2223
Nine Acres of Fun at the Mount Nelson Hotel
Whether your child is just starting out in life, a toddler or a teen, or at any stage in between, the Mount Nelson Hotel is a wonderful destination for families. Here children can enjoy nine acres of secure gardens – the perfect environment to run free while parents unwind with peace of mind. We will go out of our way to make the youngest of guests feel welcome and our resourceful Guest Services team is always close at hand – to make reservations for a family dinner, offer suggestions for tomorrow’s outing or to arrange a babysitter. Children under the age of four, sharing their parents’ room stay free and a charge of R500 applies for children between 4 and 12 sharing the room.
- A welcome amenity for our youngest guests
- Child-size bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary hot milk for babies
- Children’s menus in our restaurants and In-Room Dining
- Complimentary bedtime milk and cookies
- A lifeguard is on duty at the swimming pool during high season and the festive season period
- Fashionable attire is available from Signature Boutique
Upon request and subject to availability
- A baby seat may be fitted in the hotel’s private Mercedes Benz transfer vehicles if we are advised prior to the guests’ arrival
- Baby cots and/or extra beds at no extra charge, with specially fitted linen for the baby pillows and duvets
- Complimentary use of books, games, videos and Sony Playstation 2 (games rented from a third part for the guests’ account)
- Complimentary colouring-in books and crayons
- Complimentary cotton wool, baby powder and assorted baby products
- A box of children’s toys
- Children’s furniture (table and chairs) and complimentary use of high chairs
- Complimentary use of baby monitor kit
With 24 hours notice the Mount Nelson Hotel can arrange reliable baby sitting services for your little ones however they will also do their utmost to accommodate requests within shorter notice periods. The Mount Nelson utilises the services of a specialist company called Childminders, who understand the problems associated with travelling families in a foreign environment. Childminders also offer a convenient baby sitting and child care service to local parents with professional commitments or social engagements. Their personalised, superior service is aimed at placing a child minder to suit every specific need or situation including catering for international languages. Please visit www.childminders.co.za for futher information. Please note there is an hourly fee for this service.
The Mount Nelson Hotel guest services team are on hand to suggest and help you arrange suitable activities covering all the ages and interests of your children. Reservation and application fees may apply to some activities.
- Childrens parties
- Swimming and tennis lessons
- The Aquarium
- Childrens theatre
- Boulders Beach (penguin colony) and Cape Point Ostrich farm
- Boat trips in Table Bay and Seal Island
- The Planetarium and Museums (within easy walking distance of the hotel)
- Scratch Patch (where children can dig for semi-precious stones)
- Horse riding on the beach
- Farmyards and the Zoo
- Bird and butterfly parks
- Tours (operated by “Kidabout Tours” www.kidabouttours.co.za
- Sailing lessons available upon request with the Good Hope Sailing Academy